Sunday 7 June 2009

Colouring Book Submission!

Holy Monkey!

I received an extra-lovely surprise the other day - a completed colouring book page from the few I put up back in April! Arrived on my birthday actually - awesome!!!
This is from Montana, by young (3) Patrick Barton, son of blogger Michael Barton, who keeps everyone afloat on all things Darwin at The Dispersal of Darwin. Michael is looking for submissions about the history of science for the next Giant's Shoulder's blog carnival! More info here.

In Patrick's interpretation of Darwin Took Steps, I must say in particular I like the attention paid to the out-of-place staircase, and to Charles' buttons. On the right-hand side, is that a sketch of the tree of life I see? Great artwork, Patrick!

Thanks for sending this, guys!

- - - - - - - -
Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow under Creative Commons Licence.

Except for this lovely coloured book page. I can't claim credit for that. Copyright to the Bartons.
Flying Trilobite Gallery *** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***

2 comments:

Karen James said...

Awwwww!

Anonymous said...

That's some pretty sweet coloring. ;)

Glad we could make your (birth)day!

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |