Monday 29 March 2010

Art Monday: Pupating

A couple of weeks ago, I announced I was ending Art Mondays here on The Flying Trilobite after close to two years. Ending Art Mondays reduced some of my self-made pressure. But I really liked Art Monday.

So:
Welcome to the beginning of the remixed Art Mondays! (Now with more cowbell).

Instead of artist's notes, ample sketches and attempting to generate something brand-spanking new every week, I'd like to re-launch Art Mondays with a focus on just the art, mainly from my back-catalogue. The Flying Trilobite recently
celebrated 3 years of blogging, and in the last year my audience has expanded considerably. By reaching into my portfolio for pieces that have already been showcased, I may be bringing back old favourites and reviled disasters for new commentary and critique. On my part, I'll try to just present the art and links where it might've been seen before, allowing for fresh commentary.

I'll continue posting my process, sketches and thoughts in other posts.

Today's Art Monday selection:




Pupating
Oil on canvas paper, 1996 or so.
Appeared on The Flying Trilobite here.

- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.


Flying Trilobite Gallery *** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***

2 comments:

Marco Meredith said...

Lol, needs more cowbell.

What a great idea, maybe revisiting old works will also give you inspirartion for new ideas?

Marco.

Glendon Mellow said...

I hope so Marco!

Darwin Took Steps, which is my most successful painting to date, was actually a re-worked idea from another painting.

So who knows how it will go?

I like the regular schedule of Art Mondays, and it's when my blog traffic is highest so I think others do too.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |