Monday 8 November 2010

Proposed session for ScienceOnline2011

My proposal so far for a session at ScienceOnline2011:

===
Science-Art – The burgeoning fields of niche artwork aimed at scientific disciplines.
  • Is science-inspired art a new zeitgeist, or just cyclical?
  • An overview of science's influence in art history, and how the internet changes its influence.
  • What makes something "science art" anyway?  How does it differ from fantasy or scientific illustration?
===

I'd love to have a co-moderator or two on this.

At this time I'm waiting with baited breath about what will happen with the unconference's registration fees.  I understand completely they are necessary.  I'm still trying to figure out a way to afford to go if they are the case.

Perhaps my Etsy launch later this week will help generate the funds for me to attend.

In any case, I'll certainly keep blogging more about science-art and the topics above.
For now, take a look at these posts:



- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.


Portfolio

Blog
Print Shop

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post.

Also, on the citing your images. It's a good idea and it's a better idea to ask for permission or at least tell people you've posted about them.

Since i've done this I've attracted connections in the art community and including one scultper, actually get regular timely updates on their work so i can blog about them.

I would love to hear more about this session. Hope you can get to it and blog the hell out of it :)

WhySharksMatter said...

I don't think I have the qualifications to co-moderate, but I'd love to attend this session. Best of luck!

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks POds!

Image citation online is so important, and like you say, even better to drop the creator a line to let them know. Absolutely.

Thanks David! I hope I can swing it. We're expecting a baby next month, and it was going to be tough before the registration fee. But I get why the fee is necessary. It's been so mentally rewarding for me to go in previous years, and I hope I was a good contributor as well. We'll see.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |