Friday 22 April 2011

Daily Regimen

Since our little scamp was born at the end of December, it's been difficult to maintain routines.  This week, I plan on going back to being an early-riser by getting up everyday at 5:30 to draw, paint or sketch for 30 minutes, even if I go back to bed afterward.

I'm not going to restrict myself to what little sketch I'll do, but then again: what better way to make some headway on the Trilobite Boy story than this in my time-crunched schedule?

At the moment, I'm envisioning Trilobite Boy less of a traditional comic book and more of a series of captioned illustrations, tied to a single narrative. Let's see how it goes.

Day 1, click to enlarge: 


Trilobite Boy - Late. 2011, ArtRage.
©  Glendon Mellow, share under Creative Commons, see sidebar.

- - - - - - - - 


Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow

2 comments:

smartz said...

Love this artwork. My sons were avid skateboarders and this captures their excitement and energy.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks smartz! That means a lot!

Our nephew, who's 9 is into skateboarding, both real and video games. When I first started the Trilobite Boy storyline, I know he had to be a skateboarder: it's a timeless sport now, I think.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |