Tuesday 19 April 2011

Dimetrodon-Sphinx - a continuing wip

Still playing with digitally colouring this image of a Dimetrodon Sphinx.  It's become an idle work to spend a few minutes on when I need to take a break from more pressing projects. 


I think I'd like to use her as a character in the Trilobite Boy story. That's coming along, but I'm starting to think it will be more of an illustrated story than full-on comic with my schedule. 



Most recent dabble at the top, older descending. Click to enlarge. 











- - - - - - - - 

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
Print Shop

2 comments:

Rich said...

Massively cool (and that is difinitively not a pun on the mass of the actual Sphinx). Have you read Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie? It's like an Alice in Wonderland or Peter Pan or Narnia for today's youth. Your art and imagination and mention of "Trilobite Boy stories" makes me think your own entry in imagination literature would be a very cool thing.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks very much Rich - no, I actually haven't read any Rushdie though I enjoy him in interviews. ;-) I'll certainly look at your recommendation though.

And thanks. The time-crunch of a new baby in the house has really stalled a lot of progress on the Trilobite Boy story other than pencil page and lots of notes. But I think I have a new schedule and format in mind to tell the tale.

It's great to know anyone is interested.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |