Sunday 17 July 2011

Trapping the Man-Thing


Trapping the Man-Thing. ArtRage Studio Pro, 2011.


Complete, at least for now. I've had a lot of fun dipping in and out of this painting in odd moments, but I think I'm calling it complete. See here for lots of work-in-progress posts on this Marvel Comics character.


- - - - - - - -
Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow under Creative Commons Licence.
Man-Thing copyright to Marvel Comics. Fan art, without permission--> Respect their authoratay!

5 comments:

Sean Craven said...

I like this. I don't recall seeing a take on Man-Thing that worked him into the landscape that way.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Sean! Originally I was having him become crystallised, but after the wintry clouds, I realized snow just worked better with the whole image.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! The wintry back-ground was the best choice for the Man-Thing! Although I have never been a real fan of the Man-Thing, this painting certainly conveys how cool (pun, intended, lol!) this character is! Again, Nicely Done!! :D

mike fox said...

Awesome, as a major Man-Thing fan, I think this is killer!!!

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks a lot Mike, I really appreciate that! I don't do a ton of fan art, but this was burning a hole in brain.

You can see my Hulk Anatomy and Ent here. Hoping to add some Mass Effect pieces in coming weeks.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |